About Sydney MBA Network
Sydney MBA Network is charged with building and sustaining a valued community to enrich the experience and excellence of the MBA and EMBA programs at the University of Sydney Business School.
About the Role
The President is responsible for leading the Board and ensuring the successful delivery of the agreed program of events and other activities. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: directing, coordinating and supervising the work of the board members; chairing meetings of the board; and serving as the primary contact between the Business School and the board. The President will also aim to forge strong associations and engagement with the student body comprising of the full time, part time and executive MBA cohorts.
|Reports To||Director, MBA Program|
|Direct Reports||Secretary; Treasurer; Director Communications; Director Events; Director Engagement; Director Partnerships|
|Role Type||Voluntary – volunteers will not be remunerated for their time|
|Length of Appointment||12 months|
|Time Commitment||2-3 hours per week|
Roles and Responsibilities
|Task||Description||% of Role|
|Directing, coordinating, supervising board members||Work closely with board members to guide the overall strategy and direction for the the yearDrive the work of the sub-committees and ensure progress is made across all portfolio areas (communications, events and partnerships)||30%|
|Liaison with Business School||Serve as the primary conduit between the student body and the Business School team||20%|
|Deepen student association and engagement||Work alongside the board to actively seek out opportunities to organise activities to deepen engagement across the full business school spectrum of studentsActively solicit feedback from student body||30%|
|Interim caretaker for directors’ portfolio||Fill roles on an as needed basis when directors are absent||20%|
Key Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing diverse teams.
- Strong stakeholder management, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to deal with changes.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to reach out to the student body.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Current student within either the MBA or EMBA programs at the University of Sydney.
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Event management and/or marketing and communications experience.
- Responsible and reliable team player.
- Previous experience in student council or equivalent would be an advantage.